Thursday, August 25, 2011

T-one month: preparation time

Salut tout le monde,
I caved in and decided to create a blog so I can update my curious and wondering friends on my progress while in France. I know the anxiety to read my weekly updates will ensue...
Alors, even though I don't fly out until the 22nd of September, I have so much to do until I leave the good ole' US of A for the future motherland. My visa has been granted, thank goodness, and I need to figure how I am going to pack 9 months worth of clothes into 2 suitcases...get at me. And then there is the question on where I will live once I am in Tours. Whelp, undecided at the moment. I plan on staying in a hostel for a few days and do some apartment hunting which, I'm sure, will be an experience. My French is un peu rusty, so hopefully I'll manage to find a place to live. Otherwise, I'm sure the parks have some adequate benches I can sleep on during my stay there...
I can't wait to learn more details about my school and which grades I will be with- I was placed at a primary school aka BABIES but I don't know the age groups yet. Thankfully, I was not placed with high school students, I can only image how sassy those French biddies are...
Other than that, I am anxious/nervous/excited/every other emotion possible.
Here's to the next 9 months, which are sure to be filled with adventures, confusion, and everything else in between.
Bisous!


No comments:

Post a Comment