Monday, September 26, 2011

Week 1: let's do this

Bonjour toute le monde!
Currently, I am sitting a pub with two of my friends, drinking beer and surfing the web for potential apartments. I am still homeless and living at a crap hostel, but things are looking up! My friend Meg and I saw a fantastic 2 bedroom place, right in centre ville which we are leaning towards- after a few drinks, of course we are leaning towards this great place. We would have to furnish it ourselves but hello, Ikea right down the road? I'm pretty much sold. I got into Tours Friday morning and immediately set out to explore. The town is fantastic- small enough where you can walk everywhere but large enough where you see something new everyday. It's a very social town with a great night life- obviously, I'm in love already. It's fantastic to go out and get drinks and socialize with other Americans and the French. The second night I was here, we met someone who knew someone who had a French house party- so out of the ordinary, but it was fantastic! I love getting to know the locals here, as well as the other Americans. Everyone is so nice and outgoing, we have all met up for drinks and dinner- this town is wonderful. The endless search for a fabulous apartment is still going on- Craig's List for France is ideal, but sometimes sketchy. My friends and I have been hunting non stop, but it is definitely worth it. It just hit me that I will be here for 8 months, but I'm getting more and more comfortable every day. Task of the week: to not be homeless. Hopefully, my next post will be from my petit French apartment....
Bisous!

1 comment:

  1. so excited for you! can't wait to see lots of pics. glad you are keeping a blog. following...

    ReplyDelete